Hello, hello again! You’ll be happy to know that some projects have finally made their way from limbo into the real world (and then into my “war chest” for next year).
First up, lot 365 – Cap or hat, texture:
The pattern is Ilkley Moor, by Ann Kingstone. I knit it from Malabrigo Sock, in Cote d’Azure. I was worried that the color would be too dark to show the pattern, but thankfully that didn’t turn out to be a problem. I selected the pattern as it ticked several boxes – lightweight yarn, multiple, complex cables, and honestly, a stunning finished project. Super fun to knit too.
Texture was the name of the game over the last several weeks, as the next project is for Lot 358 – Mittens, texture:
These were another fun pattern – Gallus, by Kristin Kapur. These were also knit from Malabrigo Sock (I might have a problem), in Botticelli Red. They’re definitely a nicer color in person, more of a garnet red than what you see in the above picture.
That’s all for now! Next time I’ll show you a finished Lot 377, or maybe my progress on Lots 359, 369, or 378.
I think my coworkers suspect that all I do is get home from work and knit myself a new hat for the next day.
Future Blues, Rowan Lima, Minty by Erica Jackofsky.
I’m quite taken with this one – it’s knit extra long, with eyelets that you thread with i-cord to tug into a slouchy shape. This hat took a very satisfying exact ball of Rowan Lima, in the Patagonia colorway. Of course, I was so convinced that I would need two balls…I bought two balls. Time for matching mitts.
The pattern is so easy and intuitive, I’m using it to teach a new knitter. Plus it’s really cute and I can change out the ties for a different effect, if need be. Of course, that means knitting more i-cord.
I kind of lost my mind last night. It was somewhere around the 30th time I had passed the marker indicating the edge of the sweater without so much as a decrease or a color change.
I went and cast on two new projects, along with digging up all of the WIPs.
From left to right, top to bottom: The Noro Striped Scarf some people might remember from my post back in December, a slouchy hat using Rowan Lima,* the wolf mitten from the same post as the scarf, half a sock foot, most of a striped shawl, the beginnings of a doll, and, of course, The Sweater. Which is up to 19 hours and 15 minutes, by the way.
I’m hoping to turn all of these into a parade of finished objects by June, as mad as that sounds.
*This kind of kicked off the spree – started the hat, noticed it was the same color as the sweater, went yarn hunting, found a couple of WIPs and the doll yarn.
Once again, I am blaming the Happy Monday System for throwing off my schedule. However, I am pleased to be sharing with you something other than the blanket.
Gretel, by Ysolda Teague.
I promised a friend a hat for her birthday back in July and after going through my vast collection, she decided on this one (Rav link), in green. I had to wait until fall to buy the yarn, since the general store doesn’t stock it in summer and I don’t have any green yarn. Call it a character flaw.
This is the fourth Gretel that I’ve knitted. It’s a very quick pattern (this hat was completed over four days of train rides), and the finished product is popular with non-knitters. I never seem to wear the two I’ve made for myself, however, most likely due to poor yarn choices.
Next week – the blanket returns! Hopefully it will look noticeably bigger to your eyes, after a two week break.